Flair is MRMC’s premier motion control software. Designed to give exceptional command over camera movement, Flair precisely controls up to 500 axes of motion, is fully compatible with all of our motion control rigs, heads and accessories and interfaces seamlessly with CGI packages. Flair is the tool that makes your vision reality.
- Intuitive graphical user interface, which can be controlled over ethernet.
- Full motion editing of keyframed, imported or recorded moves. Any motion can be easily scaled and displayed in human readable formats, such as degrees, or meters or feet.
- 2D & 3D fully editable graphics showing position, speed and acceleration.
- 3D Graphics for full scene previsualisation and real-time interfacing to Maya & MotionBuilder, as well as any other 3rd party renderers, virtual studios or augmented reality.
Accurate Lens & Camera control
- Lens parameters stored to automate focus and calibrate zooms in focal lengths with great accuracy. Lens meta-data can be recorded and exported. Built-in lens mathematics and wizards so lenses can be easily calibrated in any user-desired units, including feet, centimetres, inches, and so on.
- Control of iris and shutter angles on camera allowing speed ramps.
Interface to industry-standard lenses such as Fujinon analog and digital lenses.
- Interface to industry-standard wireless lens controls, including recording and playback.
Live Motion Inputs
- Mimic allows recording of motion including manually pushing a rig or turning a motor by hand and then playing back the motion.
- Fully compatible with any USB HID (Human Interface Device), such as Joysticks, Gamepads, Spacemouse, and custom interfaces and keyboards, even VR devices such as Oculus Rift, and webcams.
- Algorithmic and lookup table controlled axes, so the motion of one axis depends on the motion of another in a linear or non-linear manner.
- Full interface with 3rd Party animation tools like Dragonframe
- Full stop frame animation features built in including moving step/go-motion, variable speed, intermixing with live action and timelapse photography.
- Huge animation and animatronic software facilities, for stop frame animation, time-lapse photography, and every kind of possible filming feature requested in the last 25 years!
- 3D Stereoscopic Filming facilities.
- Programmable input and output triggers, as well as 512 channel DMX lighting control and recordable and programmable analog inputs and outputs.
- Control of up to 512 motion actuators of any type. Full motor tuning including Analog DC, Brushless, CAN-Bus and Ethercat controlled motors.
- Full LTC/SMPTE time-code support.
- Frame accurate repeatable at all times with variable speeds from 0.01 FPS to 1000FPS and more.
- Formats: Maya, FBX, Kuper, Flair, .txt., XYZ, Axes, including real-time over serial or ethernet.
- Continuous limits checking of position, speed and accelerations, with recommended maximum move speeds.
- Open API to Flair via Ethernet allowing control from 3rd party software or creating new user interfaces.
- Full 3D mathematical (inverse-kinematics) & graphical models of any type of motion system including Technocranes, Milos, Motion bases (aka Gimbals, Stewart platforms and Hexapods), Fischer/Magnum/Panther/Peewee dollies, and many others.
- World-wide remote support via internet, including full error logging and upgrade facilities. 24/7 telephone and email support.
Continuous development by a team of responsive, dedicated and enthusiastic in-house programmers.
- Works on everything from touchscreen tablets, to laptops, desktops and rackmount PCs.
- Multiple serial and ethernet channels for comms, interfacing or meta-data transfer.
- HD-SDI, Genlock, & Tri-level sync, Time-code interfacing and metadata recording.
- Incremental and Absolute encoder interfaces for positional measurement.
- Homing, zeroing, calibration and limit sensor inputs.
- IP based architecture, using standard networking products, allowing the use of fibre, copper or wi-fi.
- Works on everything from touchscreen tablets, laptops, desktops and rackmount PCs.
- Actuators can be of any kind, including steppers (step & direction), AC/DC servo motors, RC Servo, PWM, EtherCAT, CANopen/CAN bus, Analog.
- Full interface to KUKA and STAUBLI robots with more coming.Multiple serial and ethernet channels for comms, interfacing or meta-data transfer.
- Huge range of input devices, including handwheels, joysticks, motion capture devices, waldos, iPhone, iPads and other mobile devices.
- Digital inputs and outputs, programmable down to 1/800th of a second.
- Real-time architecture ensure perfect timing.
- Full error checking, emergency stop integration and hardware.