Test Automation Engineer
Location: Blindley Heath, Surrey, RH7 6JP
Contract type: permanent , full-time
You will be working on large robotic systems using cutting edge technologies in the Film and Broadcast industries. Working within the R&D team and liaising closely with the Qualifications division you will ensure that the Company’s products are of the highest quality.
The role is primarily concerned with the creation and development of automated testing software and software testing processes, although some full product testing and interoperability testing will be required. Following automated testing, you will be responsible for monitoring test data, creating test reports and presenting such data for the release process. You will be actively involved in software release planning and will be required to have a full understanding of software product life-cycles.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Engineering level testing of device software.
- Developing and maintain Software Automation test scripts using Python and Squish Automation systems
- Designing, Developing and Improving the Software Test Automation Framework
- Analysing features and requirements and developing suitable test scenarios
- Automatic production of test reports, and presenting such data as part of the release process
- Performing additional regular testing of software, including manual tests, as part of the software release process.
- Conducting subsystem, system and user level testing.
- Writing software test procedures in order to perform regular testing of full systems.
- Conducting End-to-end testing.
- Documenting tests results and liaison with the development teams.
- Escalate concerns and/or important matters in a constructive manner.
- Setting up of heavy test equipment and rigs in a safe manner.
- Use of JIRA and JIRA test plugin tools which are integral to the R&D Products process.
- Develop an understanding of the entire SW and FW codebase and provide test feedback to developers, targeted down to relevant file/function/variable.
- Writing and maintaining software test tools for use by the wider team.
- Close liaison with the development team to understand test requirement and feedback results.
- Remote support of deployed systems.
- Contribute to the test perspective on product quality within the business.
- Remote support of clients/ sales.
- Testing and debugging new PCB designs with Oscilloscope.
- Creating physical test ‘jigs’ for specific test requirements as needed.
- Programming motor drivers directly.
- Providing input during design/prototype phase for new products.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success is only possible because of the team effort from everyone and we recognise the individual input of each person throughout our design and manufacturing process at MRMC.
- discretionary bonus
- training and development opportunities
- ample and secure parking
MRMC receives a large number of applications and we are not always able to provide individual feedback on your application. If you don’t hear from us within 15 working days from the date you have applied, it means the application didn’t meet minimum requirements to go onto the next stage of recruitment. We value your time and interest in MRMC and encourage you to re-apply if your circumstances change or you find another role with us that is more suitable to your skills and experience.
By submitting your application/CV online you are confirming you have read and accept the above and you are giving your consent to MRMC to process your personal and sensitive personal data for the purposes explained above.
Apply for this role
Please send your up to date CV to moc.ocomrm@rh to be considered for this position. MRMC will be delighted to hear from you. MRMC processes your personal data in accordance with the MRMC Privacy Notice. You have the right to object to certain processing activities of your personal data.