Software Test Engineer
You will be working on large robotic systems using cutting edge technologies in the Film and Broadcast industries. Working within the R&D team and liaising closely with Quality department you will ensure that the Company’s products are of the highest quality.
The role is primarily concerned with the creation and development of test software and software testing processes, although some full product testing and interoperability testing will be required. Responsible for the design and execution of manual tests as well as the design, implementation and maintenance of automated test systems. Following testing, you will be responsible for monitoring test data, creating test reports and presenting such data for the release process. You will be actively involved in software release planning and will be required to have a full understanding of software product life-cycles.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
- Engineering level testing of device software.
- Writing software test procedures in order to perform regular testing of full systems.
- Performing regular testing of software as part of the software release process.
- Conducting subsystem, system and user level testing.
- Conducting End-to-end testing.
- Documenting tests results and liaison with the development teams.
- Contribute to the test perspective on product quality within the business.
- Escalate concerns and/or important matters in a constructive manner.
- Setting up of heavy test equipment and rigs in a safe manner.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Writing test scripts for automated software testing.
- Writing test documentation to be used by test staff and production.
- Writing testing test specifications derived from design documentation.
- Use of issue tracking systems such as Jira.
- Use of version control systems such as Git.
- Some experience of robotics or motion control would be desirable.
- Experience of hardware or firmware testing is an advantage.
ADVANTAGEOUS but not essential
- Formal Test Certifications e.g. Foundation ISTQB.
- Writing Windows programs in C/C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Exposure to an electronics background would be desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the best engineering environment for creative and collaborative professionals to work in a welcoming team. Our R&D department consists of 3 sections: Mechanical, Electronics and Software. All our engineers work side by side to create unique, exceptional products that are used all over the world.
Our success is only possible because of the team effort from everyone and we recognise the individual input of each person throughout our design and manufacturing process at MRMC.
Apply for this role
Please send your up to date CV to moc.ocomrm@rh to be considered for this position. MRMC will be delighted to hear from you. MRMC processes your personal data in accordance with the MRMC Privacy Notice. You have the right to object to certain processing activities of your personal data.