Location: Blindley Heath, Surrey, RH7 6JP
Contract type: fixed-term , full-time
It is primarily a hands-on purchasing role within Production Department focusing on delivering the parts and equipment required for the design and development of Robotic Camera and Motion Control Equipment for a 10-month fixed term contract. The role will assume overall responsibility for Production purchasing and supporting the other divisions as required. This role will oversee the full cycle of the Company’s purchasing process.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Working closely with the Head of Production plan and execute Purchasing in line with the company Procedures using a business enterprise system (Odoo)
- Raise and see to correctness of all purchase orders ensuring the approval process is maintained
- Working with the Head of Production correctly identify and record relevant Project and Product codes on the system
- Place orders with suppliers in timely manner and continuously track orders, chasing where necessary to ensure their timely delivery.
- Kit from BOM’s (Bill of Materials).
- Accurately update and maintain ordering and tracking systems with order details (dates, suppliers, quantities and discounts).
- Compare product deliveries with issued POs and contact vendors when there are discrepancies.
- Continuously liaise with suppliers in order to:
- develop, create and maintain effective working relationships.
- negotiate the best prices possible whilst ensuring the supply of quality products.
- follow up on changes to orders e.g. quantity.
- maintain the high quality of products received.
- Maintain excellent records of invoices and supplier contracts.
- Check and approve all invoices uploaded on the system, ensuring the approvals are correct, credit notes are credited correctly and costs allocated into correct projects.
- Ensure all invoices are passed over for payment in good time and any invoice/order queries are raised immediately for resolution.
- Communicate with members of R&D and Production and the wider company to ensure the effective, timely delivery of products to the production process.
- Update the Production Manager with the progress of supplies and any potential delays to minimise disruption to production. Escalating any concerns promptly.
- Inspecting goods in, help with Stores
- Customers and suppliers
- Sales, Administration, R&D and Service departments
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success is only possible because of the team effort from everyone and we recognise the individual input of each person throughout our design and manufacturing process at MRMC.
- training and development opportunities
- ample and secure parking
MRMC receives a large number of applications and we are not always able to provide individual feedback on your application. If you don’t hear from us within 15 working days from the date you have applied, it means the application didn’t meet minimum requirements to go onto the next stage of recruitment. We value your time and interest in MRMC and encourage you to re-apply if your circumstances change or you find another role with us that is more suitable to your skills and experience.
By submitting your application/CV online you are confirming you have read and accept the above and you are giving your consent to MRMC to process your personal and sensitive personal data for the purposes explained above.
Apply for this role
Please send your up to date CV to moc.ocomrm@rh to be considered for this position. MRMC will be delighted to hear from you. MRMC processes your personal data in accordance with the MRMC Privacy Notice. You have the right to object to certain processing activities of your personal data.