Electronics CAD Engineer
As an experienced Electrical CAD Design Engineer/Draughtsperson you will work closely with our in-house electrical, electronic and mechanical developers to assist with the design process and to prepare professional, manufacturable, electrical documentation to recognised industry standards in the form of electrical schematics, electrical wiring diagrams, electrical enclosure layouts, electrical cable looms, electrical cable wiring assemblies in 3D and Bills of Materials. In-house developed solutions cater from one-off, high value, complex motion platforms through to high-volume, cost-sensitive application for mass markets where performance, reliability and costs are key development drivers.
You will have great communication skills and ably interface with the whole R&D team including software developers, mechanical engineers and product test specialists; in total, the development team is approximately 35 people.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
Preparation of Electrical Design & Manufacturing Documentation to recognised international standards including Product Schematics, Cable Diagrams, Wiring Looms, Cable Routing & Bill of Materials.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Excellent Solidworks Electrical* experience & detailed Solidworks Electrical 3D* capabilities, developed with extensive use of the design software on similar applications for highly integrated, complex, electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Good working knowledge of Solidworks Mechanical*.
- Experience with Solidworks Product Data Management PDM (or similar).
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the design of products for CE and Global Certification.
- PCB design & layout and BoM preparation.
- Understanding of design for EMC compliance.
- Experience creating solutions and designs of stepper and servo motor control circuits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning with a positive “Can-Do” attitude.
*Candidates with experience of alternative electrical CAD tools such as AutoDesk Inventor, AutoCAD Electrical with the ability to rapidly transfer to Solidworks installation will also be considered.
ADVANTAGEOUS but not essential
- Design of mixed signal low power, low voltage, low noise sensor circuitry, design of embedded digital control circuitry and real-time microcontrollers.
- Recent Experience Installing/Deploying/Configuring Solidworks Product Data Management PDM (or similar).
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the best engineering environment for creative and collaborative professionals to work in a welcoming team. Our R&D department consists of 3 sections: Mechanical, Electronics and Software. All our engineers work side by side to create unique, exceptional products that are used all over the world.
Our success is only possible because of the team effort from everyone and we recognise the individual input of each person throughout our design and manufacturing process at MRMC.
Apply for this role
Please send your up to date CV to moc.ocomrm@rh to be considered for this position. MRMC will be delighted to hear from you. MRMC processes your personal data in accordance with the MRMC Privacy Notice. You have the right to object to certain processing activities of your personal data.