Location: Blindley Heath, Surrey, RH7 6JP
Contract type: permanent , full-time
The Test Engineer will be responsible for testing all Products manufactured in-house and by external suppliers, and would be responsible for setting up the appropriate suppliers and assisting them in testing our Products.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Testing and fault-finding PCBs down to component level.
- Designing and building test equipment.
- Accurately follow circuit, wiring diagrams and system diagrams to fault-find.
- Test the assembled product using the Qual approved testing checklist, correcting any defects in liaison with Production, R&D or Qual.
- Test all additional parts called for on the order, such as special cables or camera platforms that may be bought-in components, and pass the final product to Qual for Qual configuration and OK to Ship.
- Soldering components with high levels of accuracy within tight timeframes.
- Use a variety of tools, such as crimp tools, in order to create parts of high quality.
- Attaching wires to connectors and terminals e.g. small hirose, D-Type.
- Produces Drawings and Documentation (Wiring Diagrams and BOMS’s) for all produced test equipment.
- Maintain the testing space and test equipment, ensuring that the space is orderly and test equipment is adequate and working.
- Quality inspection of products at each stage of the production process.
- Ensuring correct batches and/or serial numbers are used at all times and batch and/or job number is identifiable throughout the working processes.
- Prioritise deadlines as directed by your Supervisor.
- Raise any queries in diagrams or build information with Supervisor or Engineer for clarification, queries, recording any correspondence electronically.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding manufacture of products, and assist in the testing procedures through designing test manuals and equipment for suppliers to use.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success is only possible because of the team effort from everyone and we recognise the individual input of each person throughout our design and manufacturing process at MRMC.
- discretionary bonus
- training and development opportunities
- ample and secure parking
MRMC receives a large number of applications and we are not always able to provide individual feedback on your application. If you don’t hear from us within 15 working days from the date you have applied, it means the application didn’t meet minimum requirements to go onto the next stage of recruitment. We value your time and interest in MRMC and encourage you to re-apply if your circumstances change or you find another role with us that is more suitable to your skills and experience.
By submitting your application/CV online you are confirming you have read and accept the above and you are giving your consent to MRMC to process your personal and sensitive personal data for the purposes explained above.
Apply for this role
Please send your up to date CV to moc.ocomrm@rh to be considered for this position. MRMC will be delighted to hear from you. MRMC processes your personal data in accordance with the MRMC Privacy Notice. You have the right to object to certain processing activities of your personal data.