C++ Software Engineer
Location: Blindley Heath, Surrey, RH7 6JP
Contract type: permanent , full-time
Mark Roberts Motion Control products involve the integration of high-definition camera systems with autonomous robotic motion platforms controlled via embedded systems networked with remote servers deployed on both Windows and Linux platforms.
You will be involved in development cycles for both our existing range of Motion Control products as well as future new product developments where you will actively see projects through every step of evolution.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Produce technically compliant software design solutions which entirely satisfy the design brief
- Produce software designs that are fully compliant with commercial goals in terms of estimated design time, estimated costs and estimated timescales
- Be aware of market trends, potential future customer requirements, new emerging technologies and competitors solutions.
- Be aware of customer & client requirements, other solutions and products in the market, cameras, robotic solutions and software accessories that might be useful, trends, usage, etc., so as to direct the development direction of our Software products and come up with better solutions.
- Produce software designs that are well structured, solid, bug-free and robust with appropriate provision for embedded comments/documentations.
- Produce software designs that are fully compliant to all appropriate design, machinery, safety &EMC/EMI standards appropriate to MRMC and our global markets.
- Ensure all software designs are fully compliant with In-House Software Development Design Standards.
- Liaise closely with mechanical, electrical & firmware design colleagues to ensure the final product design optimally integrates all design disciplines.
- Actively support peer review of colleagues designs and provide constructive feedback.
- Ensure all software designs are fully compliant with MRMC part number scheme.
- Ensure all software development is fully managed through MRMC JIRA System and that release status information is accurately maintained.
- Contribute to preparation of Software Design In-House Design Standards to document the methods adapted by MRMC to produce our devices. Document to address design standards in terms of preferred methods for design & development, structuring, modularisation, documenting, version control and embedded diagnostic features.
- Develop verification methods to validate all elements of designs.
- Actively engage with Pre-Production & Production to support assembly of first-offs, prototypes etc.
- Where necessary, prepare installation instructions and define test methods.
- Support detailed product testing to ensure compliance with customer specifications and/or appropriate design standards including functional, EMC/EMI, thermal, shock, vibration, safety etc.
- Perform software updates from feedback from customers, production, product/production engineering in-line with MRMC Change Control Process.
- Ensure all project activities assigned are completed with the allocated time/schedule. Provide regular and accurate feedback of progress.
- Ensure all tasks are correctly scheduled and accurately maintained in JIRA.
- Prepare & submit daily reports summary to Software Colleagues & Management.
- Participate in Weekly Team Meeting to update progress of development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success is only possible because of the team effort from everyone and we recognise the individual input of each person throughout our design and manufacturing process at MRMC.
- discretionary bonus
- training and development opportunities
- ample and secure parking
MRMC receives a large number of applications and we are not always able to provide individual feedback on your application. If you don’t hear from us within 15 working days from the date you have applied, it means the application didn’t meet minimum requirements to go onto the next stage of recruitment. We value your time and interest in MRMC and encourage you to re-apply if your circumstances change or you find another role with us that is more suitable to your skills and experience.
By submitting your application/CV online you are confirming you have read and accept the above and you are giving your consent to MRMC to process your personal and sensitive personal data for the purposes explained above.
Apply for this role
Please send your up to date CV to moc.ocomrm@rh to be considered for this position. MRMC will be delighted to hear from you. MRMC processes your personal data in accordance with the MRMC Privacy Notice. You have the right to object to certain processing activities of your personal data.