Location: Blindley Heath, Surrey, RH7 6JP
Contract type: permanent or flexible/part-time work is also considered
Based within the finance team this role reports into the Finance Manager and assists with the smooth running of the department and Accounts Payable function. You will have excellent communication skills as your role involves communicating with many key internal and external stakeholders in the business. Your attention to detail will be second to none as you administer and check the complete Accounts Payable process from invoice and expenses receipt, approval, payment and recording.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Distribute Accounts Payable invoices to line manager for authorisation and coding
- Check signed/coded invoices for accuracy and approval in line with the current authorisation standard
- Check staff expenses have been approved by the appropriate line manager and are in accordance with the current authorisation standard and in compliance with the staff manual
- Ensure all VAT on invoices/employee expenses are claimed only where appropriate and that documentation satisfies HMRC requirements
- Enter checked and approved invoices/expense claims into accounts payable within ERP system
- Prepare bi-monthly payment proposals for BACS and cheque payments in ERP and provide Finance Manager with all support vouchers for checking and payment approval
- Create payment file for onward processing to BACS
- Despatch BACS remittance advices and cheques to suppliers/employees where necessary
- File approved payment/BACS reports and paid invoices/expenses claims by email
- Reconcile monthly supplier statements. Obtain missing invoices as required and seek repayment of debit balances
- Communicate with vendors to resolve queries and respond to enquiries.
- Assist in month end closing (completing accrual sheet for invoices received but not yet authorised, completing prepayment sheet for payments on account for suppliers with no credit agreement)
- Download and circulate all company Credit card statements to card holders prior to processing the completed expenses
- Chase outstanding debit balances on all A/P vendor accounts ensuring that any refunds due are repaid and any balance owed by an employee are repaid on a timely basis
- Provide holiday cover for the A/R Administrator
- Prepare VAT return for checking and online submission
- Assist with Job costing analysis and review of project costs
- Ad-hoc investigations into ERP stock and purchase system
- Assist Finance Manager, as directed
- Assist statutory and internal auditors and HMRC, as required
- Customers and suppliers
- Internal and external auditors
- HMRC representatives
- Purchasing, sales administration and service departments
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
|Education||-Five GCSEs, grade C or above
-Or equivalent qualification
|Professional Skills||-Advanced level of Excel skills
-Knowledge of basic accounting principles, particularly accounts payable
-Knowledge and experience of ERP systems would be an advantage
-Attention to detail
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success is only possible because of the team effort from everyone and we recognise the individual input of each person throughout our design and manufacturing process at MRMC.
- discretionary bonus
- training and development opportunities
- ample and secure parking
MRMC receives a large number of applications and we are not always able to provide individual feedback on your application. If you don’t hear from us within 15 working days from the date you have applied, it means the application didn’t meet minimum requirements to go onto the next stage of recruitment. We value your time and interest in MRMC and encourage you to re-apply if your circumstances change or you find another role with us that is more suitable to your skills and experience.
By submitting your application/CV online you are confirming you have read and accept the above and you are giving your consent to MRMC to process your personal and sensitive personal data for the purposes explained above.
Apply for this role
Please send your up to date CV to moc.ocomrm@rh to be considered for this position. MRMC will be delighted to hear from you. MRMC processes your personal data in accordance with the MRMC Privacy Notice. You have the right to object to certain processing activities of your personal data.