The Motion Control and Remote Head
The Ulti-Head it is designed to be the ultimate in low-cost yet precise and portable heavy-duty motion control head.
This awesome head boasts several key features to set it apart from anything else currently available on the market, including:
- Zero-backlash gearboxes and mechanics ensure complete repeatability – you won’t need to fix in post-production.
- Extremely high accuracy and rigidity for use in motion control applications – ensures everything is pixel accurate.
- Very high speed of movement – ideal for live-action.
- Space-saving compact design for high portability – easy for location work.
- Standard crane, dolly and tripod mount for universal use
- Very Low-cost – a quality product while saving you money.
- Battery powered – runs from standard Arri or Panavision batteries.
- Pan slip-ring allow unlimited 360 degree motion – no cable tangles.
- Fully adjustable for any camera or lens – adjustable carbon-fibre tubes.
- Runs from the award winning Flair motion control system – every possible motion control feature available
- Designed for Film, Video and HD cameras – can carry up to 45kg.
- Works directly with the MSA-20 for Remote head use – even has wireless option.
- Track and lift options – click on the link to see the Track option.
- Built in homing/zeroing sensors – the head can automatically find its home position after powering up.
- Can be used with 3D Stereo rigs
- Built in control of additional motors, such as Roll, Focus, Zoom, Iris etc. – 9 axes can be controlled per head!
- Can interface to Video lens motors.
- Works with Handwheels, Joysticks or Pan-bars – For any application.
The Ulti-Head is capable of being tripod or crane mounted and will give the user automated control over the Pan and Tilt (with optional Roll), whilst maintaining accurate and repeatable movements. A range of options are available to interface to numerous camera functions and lens control ensuring that the operator is ultimately the decision maker in achieving the required effect. Additional axes of motion such as Track, Lift or Roll can easily be added to bring even more versatility to the head – the Modula rig for a full example.
The Ulti-Head can be controlled using remote hand-wheels, joysticks, or Pan-bars (encoded Fluid head). Alternatively it can be programmed from the keyboard and mouse, using the advanced Flair software system, with a highly graphical and user friendly interface. Flair also gives the operator the ability to pre-visualise the move both numerically and graphically and make adjustments as necessary before committing to the action run, as well as importing and exporting moves to CGI, such as XSi, Maya and FilmBox.
Because the head can run just as easily on a full rig, such as a Mini-Milo; Talos; or a Modula rig, as without one, on a tripod or crane, the head is therefore very versatile and can have more uses than a head that is only designed to be part of a motion control rig.