The zoom controller allows the user to directly control an axis using a thumb side motion. Although it is called a zoom controller, it is of course not limited to zoom and can be used for any axis, including track, lift, focus, iris or any function where an operator or focus puller might want to have easy manual control over a motion. It can also be used to speed up or slow down a pre-programmed move.
The MRMC Zoom controller has the following benefits:
- Uses an optical encoder internally, unlike many controllers that use potentiometers, to give absolute accuracy and precision.
- Integrated foam handle for ease of use and to allow it to be used as a handle on a fluid head.
- Spring return thumb control.
- Integrated catch for attaching the unit to a focus controller or other devices.
- Lightweight aluminium and plastic construction with attached curly cable.