The focus controller allows the user to turn a dial and directly control an axis. Although it is called a Focus controller, it is of course not limited to focus and can be used for any axis, including track, lift, zoom, iris or any function where an operator or focus puller might want to have easy manual control over a motion. It can also be used to speed up or slow down a pre-programmed move.
The MRMC focus controller has the following benefits:
- Uses an optical encoder internally, unlike many controllers that use potentiometers, to give absolute accuracy and precision.
- Full aluminium construction for years of reliable service.
- Integrated end stop to ensure only one turn of the dial.
- Integrated drag on the large ergonomic knob, for ease of use and to help with minor hand jitters.
- Power indicator and professional Lemo style push-pull connector.
- Removeable/changeable marking rings.
- Integrated catch for attaching the unit to a Zoom controller or other devices.